This is a Photek Replacement Softlighter Diffusion Fabric for the 60″ SoftLighter II Umbrella.
For strobe use only — not for use with hot lights, or modeling lights over 250 watts.
In The Box
Photek C-1560 Replacement Diffusion Cover for 60″ SoftLighter II
• Diffuser Cover
“IF YOU PHOTOGRAPH PEOPLE…PHOTEK’S SOFTLIGHTER IS THE BEST SINGLE PURPOSE PORTRAIT LIGHT SOURCE THERE IS. AND THAT’S GUARANTEED! JUST ASK ANYONE WHO HAS ONE”
Not a softbox, scattering its light through a diffuser directly at the subject, the new SOFTLIGHTER delivers light that has been totally reflected before it is diffused,light as soft and as even as moonglow.
Because it is a rule that the closer the light source the softer the light our new SOFTLIGHTER design comes with a removable center shaft to bring the light source even closer to your subject. This SOFTLIGHTER is suggested for use specifically in conjunction with Profoto, Elincrome and Balcar heads. And add something even more special – Photek’s SOFTLIGHTER SL-4000 and SL-5000 includes one each gold and silver light enhancing discs. These light modifiers can warm the color of your light or give it more sparkle and contrast, as well as increasing light output by a full half stop. The SOFTLIGHTER II sets up in moments, no collars or rib set up.
Building its original design from the classic umbrella shape, the SOFTLIGHTER has developed that classic light source into a total system. This system ranges from the basic professional reflector/diffuser umbrella to a most sophisticated lighting instrument capable of a variety of lighting tasks.
Designed in three appropriate sizes, every SOFTLIGHTER will fit any light head 7-1/4″ or less in diameter and features these signal advantages:
• Its white reflective surface, free of bleaches and fluorescence, perfectly reflects the color of your light.
• Its stout black nylon cover stops all stray and ricochet, enhancing total light control.
• Its unique construction consisting of ten panels instead of the usual eight gives more reflective surface and a more perfect circle of light, so flattering when seen as catch lights in the eyes.
• So versatile a product is the SOFTLIGHTER, that by removal of its black cover and a reversal of direction, the SOFTLIGHTER becomes everything a softbox promises. It becomes a shoot through diffuser providing light that can be used either as a main light source or as a flattering fill.
• Final touch. The SOFTLIGHTER sets up in moments. Its unique translucent cover fits directly onto the tips of the SOFTLIGHTER. A totally fireproof material creates its own collar around the lighthead, with no time consuming fitting of mounting collars or rib setups involved.
• Best of all. After inserting the SOFTLIGHTER into the flash head, the bottom portion of the shaft is removable on the 8mm SOFTLIGHTER, allowing the unit to get as close to the subject as possible.
SPECIAL NOTE: For mounting shoe mount flash units to the SL-4000 and SL-5000 a shoe mount light stand/umbrella adapter is necessary. Shoe mount flash units will have to be set in manual position because the entire unit will be inside the Softlighter unless the flash unit is equipped with a remote sensor.Contact Us Now